Virtual Reality or VR is the new big thing in the world of technology. This is the kind of technology that you haven’t used before.
Virtual reality is a computer-simulated experience that can be completely different or similar to the real world. There are various applications of VR, but it is mostly used in gaming. If you have seen people wearing those big headsets or goggles, you know they are using VR.
To play VR based games, you will need a VR headset that helps you to see and explore the virtual world. In most games, you become the main character of the game, after wearing the headset.
A VR headset is equipped with a pair of great headphones and hand controllers. It is designed to give you a gaming experience that you have never enjoyed before. The best thing about VR headsets is that it can be used with a variety of devices. For instance, you can use it with your gaming console, PC, and even mobile phones. If you are wondering how to use your VR headset with your phone, then you are in the right place.
In this post, we will tell you all the steps that you need to do to use your VR headset with your phone. So without wasting any time, let’s get started.
Read more: How To Improve Sound Quality On Your Tablet?
Steps To Set-Up Your Phone With VR Headset
The good news is that you can use a VR headset with both ios and android phones. To use it with your phone, you need to first complete the set-up. We have laid down a step-by-step guide to help you out.
- The first thing you need to do is install the VR app on your phone. You can get the app from the Apple app store and Google Playstore. All you have to do is search VR in the app store and you will find it.
- In the next step, you need to place your phone on the VR headset. Some of the VR headsets can be opened from the front so that you can place your phone facing you. You have to make sure that your phone is nicely mounted.
- Once you are done setting the phone, wear the headset and start the VR app on your phone. You can access the app using the hand controllers that are provided with the headset. Make sure that the controllers are connected via Bluetooth.
- Now you have to align the screen. Once you open the VR app, you will get to see a line in the center which represents the two halves of the screens. You need to align the line to the center to get started.
- Once you are done with all the above-mentioned steps, you can wear the headset. It feels just like wearing goggles. Adjust the strap to get the perfect fit, so that you can move around comfortably. You can also adjust the spacing of the lenses while your headset is on. Other than that you can also adjust the focus of the headset using the knob on the side.
- After you are done with everything, it’s time for you to start your game. You can play any game that is supported by your phone and VR headset. In other words, the game needs to be a VR based one.
These steps are quite easy to follow and therefore, can be completed by anyone. Once you get familiar with the VR headset, you can handle it with ease.
Which phones are compatible with VR?
You must be wondering what phones are compatible with VR. Before we say anything, you should know that VR is supported by both ios and android platforms.
The good news is that there are plenty of smartphones that are compatible with VR. For instance, the S10 series from Samsung is a great choice for VR.
Other than Samsung, you also have Google Pixels from the 2nd generation models. All these smartphones are designed to support VR.
For ios users, they can use the iPhone 6 and all the above models with VR. With so many options available out there, it is difficult to pin down the names of all the smartphones. But if you want to use your phone with VR, then you are lucky to have plenty of models available.
However, you should know that VR is supported by all high-end smartphones. This means you will have to spend a good amount of money to get a VR compatible phone and then the VR headset.
Since Virtual Reality is a fairly new concept, many people have issues handling it. But hopefully, with the help of this post, you will be able to use your phone with VR. Follow all the steps carefully and you will be good to go.
Read more: How To Transfer Apps From Android to iPhone?