Girls, we know you like everything clean. Do you know your phone case is a wonderland for germs and bacteria?
We do this regularly, but the question remains. Is your phone dirty? We usually take a soft cloth and wipe the screen off. We use it every day. We take it everywhere on train, office, meetings, and washroom. Yeah, don’t pretend. We sail in the same boat ladies.
Phones have more bacteria than toilet seats. And in recent times, Covid Era deadly virus has lived on the plastic cover and stainless steel for at least 3-4 days. We need to clean our cute phone covers once a day. It’s important. Take care of yourself and your family!
How Dirty is My Phone?
As per Seattle Times, your phone is accommodating around 25,000 bacteria per inch. Yikes!
How to Disinfect Your Phone Case?
There are some materials and methods that will help you to clean your phone case. Some materials are used by professionals to clean dust and grease. Let us know the list of what you need:
Phone Cleaning Methods:
- Home Materials
- Alcohol and water
- Antibacterial Wipes
- Alcohol-Based Wipes
- UV Light
How to Clean Your Phone With DIY Materials?
Most of the time, you can clean your phone at home with varying results.
1. Microfiber Cloths:
Microfiber or soft cloths are common for cleaning. We clean our glasses and gadgets with them, right? This removes smudges, dust, and grease from the phone.
How to do it?
- Wash your hands.
- Remove and wash your phone case.
- Take a damp cloth and mix it with soap water.
- Gently wipe the phone case with a damp cloth and wipe again with a soft dry cloth.
Note: Do not use too much water or soap, else it will get inside the device.
- Easy and can be done by everyone.
- Materials are available at home.
- Easy to clean dirt and grime.
- Any soft clothes will do.
- Bacteria and viruses might not get clean.
- Don’t use much water, it may damage your phone.
2. Rubbing Alcohol and Water:
It is the best way to sterilize your phone at home. It is a DIY phone cleaning method, you have to go out and buy them from the store. It is the cost-effective and best way.
What do you need?
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Spray Bottle
- Microfiber Cloth
- Wash and dry your hands.
- Mix 50% water and 50% alcohol in a spray bottle.
- Shake and mix.
- Spray on a microfiber cloth and wipe the phone.
- Remove phone case and wipe phone and phone cover from all sides.
- You can dip earbuds and clean the headphone jack and speaker areas.
- Kills bacteria and viruses.
- Environment friendly
- Make a mixture with equal proportions.
- Don’t use a wet cloth.
- It is a home-only method.
3. Vinegar and Water Mix:
Vinegar is useful for cleaning. You know it is the best kitchen hack. It removes bad odor and is readily available in our kitchens. It is natural and tough on bacteria.
- White Vinegar
- Spray Bottle
- Soft Cloth
- Mix water and vinegar in equal proportions.
- Spray on the bottle and dip a soft cloth.
- Rub surfaces and dry.
- Easily available
- Viruses and pathogens are killed by this substance.
- Damage phone if used in excess.
- Not easily portable.
- May not clean bacteria and viruses of all types.
4. Antibacterial Wipes and Disinfectant:
There are many readymade antibacterial wipes available on the market. They are easy to carry and can be kept always in our handbags. They kill 99% of bacteria on surfaces. However, we are not sure they will kill Covid 19 bacteria or not.
- Wipe them.
- Clean with a soft cloth
- Travel friendly
- Not portable
- Not proven to kill Covid germs
5. Alcohol-Based Wipes:
Recently, Apple has confirmed using 70% alcohol wipes to clean devices. Alcohol bottle is a great sanitizer and sterilizer. Alcohol breaks down the bacteria and stops their multiplication.
- Rub wipes on phones and phone cases.
- Effective in killing bacteria
- Stays for long.
- Portable packets
- Not very big
- Wastage packaging
6. UV Light-Based Cleaning:
We know UV light kills microorganisms. The light destroys the organisms. In medical fields, UV light sterilization is a common process for sterilizing medical equipment.
- Safe and natural
- Takes time
- Does not clean fingerprints
- Stock availability
Ways to Clean Phone Cases:
Phone cases protect our phones from day-to-day damages. They are frontline covers that are potentially covered in germs. Phone covers come in many materials. Typically, we recommend soap and water to clean your phone covers. Gently wash and wipe it with a soft cloth.
Hard Silicone Cases:
These are easy to clean and less prone to damage. Submerge phone in lukewarm soap water and rub gently. Take out and rinse with clean water. Let it dry.
When it is a printed or customized cover, you need to wipe it gently with a damp cloth instead of washing it in water.
Leather and Wallet Cases:
These are difficult to clean. You need to check whether your case is PU, pure leather, or faux leather. Real leather gets dry and cracks with regular washing with dish soap.
- Check your phone cover is faux leather or pure leather.
- If faux use the method stated above.
- If real leather follows this:
- Use a specific leather cleaner.
- Leave it to dry.
The best way to clean screen guards is with antibacterial solutions or rubbing alcohol. It is not possible to remove screen protectors, but the upper layer should be cleaned every time.
Don’t Use The Following To Clean Your Phone:
It is important to mention what can damage your phone and phone case. Gadgets are expensive and we want it to keep them safe. We cannot suit everything.
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Window Cleaners
- Harsh Solvents
- Regular cleaners
- Always wash your hands.
- Keep the phone at the table down after you have cleaned them.
- Use only soft clothes.
- Clean your phone case regularly.
- Don’t take your phone in the washrooms and the kitchen.