On searching online, you will find plenty of exciting video games available, but nothing can compare the level of the most famous & versatile game of all the time- Minecraft. It is an exceptional sandbox game with a creative streak that allows users to build, craft, and mold their gameplay in the way you want. One of the game-changing elements that always excites players in this game is Lectern. Today, we will be guiding you through all the things that you’ll need to know about How To Make A Lectern In Minecraft and its significance in detail here.
Many of you might already know, Lecterns are basically job blocks in the game of Minecraft. They are used as furniture pieces to hold different objects in the game, which is why it is such an important feature. Lectern itself is quite an easy block to make, but it can be pretty difficult to fill a whole podium, which is why we are here to help you achieve your goal of making Lecterns in Minecraft in the easiest way possible. Read on!
Uses of Lectern in Minecraft Game
As we already mentioned, Lectern holds an important place in the Minecraft game due to its various uses and benefits. Here are some of the best uses of Lectern, which every player must know:
• Primarily Used as a Job Block for Villagers as an unassigned villager can be converted into a professional librarian using a Lectern.
• It helps to refresh the librarian’s inventory when they are on level one.
• Can also hold a book and quill, which makes it a nice piece of furniture for any room.
• Allow you to read the book from the Lectern by right-clicking on it.
• Lectern emits a Redstone pulse when a book and quill is placed on one. Every time you turn the pages of the book and quill or right-click on the lectern, this pulse emits.
Materials Required To Make A Lectern
Like every other process requires a set of rules and various tools without which the process can’t go on. Making a Lectern is similar, as you would need a few important things before deciding to create one. Here is the list of few crucial materials required to make a lantern successfully in Minecraft:
• One bookshelf
• A crafting table
• Four wooden slabs
To craft a lectern, you would need to use a wooden slab. It does not matter what type of wood you use but make sure that you will mix and match various kinds of slabs for the recipe. As for making a bookshelf, even though it is relatively cheaper than other materials, you would require a few cows near the area where you decide to make one. Also, it is necessary that you possess a 3×3 Crafting Menu for a Crafting Table.
Once you have all these materials, proceed to the next step of making by following the mentioned ways.
How To Make A Lectern In Minecraft?
Now, coming finally to the central part of our article on How To Make A Lectern In Minecraft?
To start the process, all you will have to do is go to the crafting area made up of a 3×3 grid and fill the whole area within the first row with three wooden slabs. After this, you will place a bookshelf on the second row, preferably in the center, along with another wooden slab directly underneath the second row. After doing this, you can simply click the Lectern and drag it in the inventory.
The step-by-step guide to make this happen are as follows –
1) Locate Cows to collect Leather
• The first thing you need to locate to make a Lectern are cows. This is because you require leather dropped by the cows to make objects such as books to help you make a bookshelf.
• For a bookshelf, you will further need three books. Make sure that you find all of the cows until you find at least three leathers. As for locating these cows, you will usually find them on grasslands.
• They will not always be dropping leather, so look for cows who dropped this leather until you fill the number of leathers you require for a bookshelf.
2) Acquire Paper by Locating Sugarcane
• Ensure that you look around areas such as river beds or any water source blocks for sugarcane.
• As they usually grow on sand or dirt, you would be able to find them near water sources, and as for the amount of sugarcane that you require to make paper, it is about three sugarcane.
• Every three sugarcane will make about three pieces of paper. The total amount of paper that you need to possess is about nine pieces of paper for your books to make a lectern. So, you need to find at least nine sugarcane crops or grow them yourself for the same purpose.
3) Chop Down a Tree for your Slabs
The next thing you need to do is chop down a tree for your slabs. You are to convert these logs of wood into planks and then make slabs out of them.
4) After you finish making your slabs, convert your sugarcane into the paper by arranging three sugarcane in a row to make paper.
5) After your paper is made, you can now make your books, for which you would have to place the leathers and the paper in any place you want on the crafting table. Each book requires three pieces of paper and one leather.
6) Now, after you make three books successfully, place them all in the middle row of the crafting table, and surround them with wooden planks so that you can make a bookshelf.
7) Finally, after you are successful in making a bookshelf, you can now make a Lectern. All you need to do is place the bookshelf in the middle of the crafting menu, place a row of slabs above it, and one slab beneath it. Then mix and match the different types of slabs as your crafting recipe, after which you will finally get your lectern.
We hope that through our article, you will be able to make a lectern easily and gain an infinite number of supplies of enchanted books for a better gaming session. We also hope our step-by-step guide helps you achieve a better gaming experience so that you can craft all the Lecterns that you want. So without further delay, start making lectern in Minecraft and keep enjoying the game while staying home. Stay Safe & Have a happy gaming session!