As you are aware, a voter card is a piece of essential information for all Indian residents since it grants them the freedom to vote. It serves as an identification card for all Indian nationals. It is now quite simple to create a voter card electronically without having to visit a government department. The government has made it simple to obtain a voter card by establishing a portal where you can monitor voter card online registration status, epic voter card print with photos, and so on. The portal “voterportal.eci.gov.in or nvsp.in” is where one can examine online voter ID status check 2022 region-wise.
What Exactly Is The Voter Portal?
The voter portal website was designed to give voters a central point of communication for election-related services. Users can utilize this portal to gain accessibility to a range of services such as:
- Obtaining a Voter Identification Card
- Obtaining the contact information of Booth level officials or Electoral Registration Officers
- Applying for repairs to a voter ID card electronically
- Obtaining information about polling booths, assembly constituencies, and parliament constituencies
- Obtaining access to the electoral roll
What Are The Requirements For Obtaining A Voter ID Card?
Anyone who wishes to qualify for a voter Identification card must meet the following requirements:
- The candidate must be at least 18 years old
- The few who fall into any of the specified specialized categories are ineligible for the voter identification card
- People who are truly insolvent are ineligible for a voter identification card.
What Is The Significance Of A Voter Identification Card?
This card is considered an important document in India because of the following reasons:
- Identification proof: The voter Identification card serves as legitimate evidence of identification. It is recognized as identity evidence by institutions, insurance firms, universities, workplaces, and a variety of other establishments. In addition, the Voter Identification number on the id is utilized to handle requests at other locations.
- Aids in voting: If a person desires to vote in an election, he or she must obtain a Voter Identification Card.
- Aids in registering on a non-domiciled state’s voter rolls: Individuals having a voter Identification card can enroll to vote in a jurisdiction other than their home state’s voter rolls. A person can do this by enrolling in the electoral registry of his local region or the district in which he now resides.
Voter ID Status Check 2022
The Election Commission of India is in charge of voter identification in India. Voter ID is very significant documentation in today’s world since it allows you to participate in politics. After the age of 18, you can register for a voter ID, which you can do electronically. In India, voter ID is often used as identification, and it allows you to participate in Lok Sabha as well as Rajya Sabha polls.
A Voter ID is highly important and required for all persons over the age of 18, and it is fairly simple to obtain. In India, voter ID was established in 1993, and it is now used for age verification, address verification, and immigration. You may apply for a Voter ID by accessing the ECI’s authorized webpage, where you can also verify your progress and voters list. You may also register for a Voter ID and obtain all required info by contacting the local CEO’s department. If you choose, you may also track the progress and listing of your Voter ID online, which you may also do by SMS.
Which Credentials Are Necessary For Online Voter Registration?
The certifications required for getting a voter ID card are everyday documents. The following papers are required when applying for a voter ID card:
- The Aadhar card
- Certification of Proof of Age
- Passbook for a bank
- Certificate of Income
- Rental contract
- PAN (Personal Identification Number)
- Passport from India
- 5th, 8th, and 10th-grade mark sheets
- Certificate of Birth
- Driver’s license
- The water bill
- The bill for electricity
- Bill for gas hookup
- The ration paper
How To Get A Voter ID Card Online?
Getting a voter identification online is quite simple if you follow the instructions carefully. You may apply for a Voter ID online right here on this site by following the steps below:
- First and foremost, you must visit the official website.
- The address is https://voterportal.eci.gov.in/
- Now, on the main page, select the “Create an Account” button.
- Then Following that, a new site will appear on your display.
- Now provide your phone number and email address.
- Then you must verify by OTP, the link for which will be sent to your email address.
- Now then, on the same screen, you must enter your username and password.
- After entering the proper password, you must click the login button.
- The NVSP dashboard will appear on your display, and you must tap on “New Voter Registration.”
- Then, on the following page, you would be prompted to choose an option. Online application for a Voter ID Card.
- Following that, you will be questioned about your nationality, for which you’ll be offered three alternatives from which to choose.
- Following that, you will be requested for certain information, that you’ll have to fill out properly, and you would also have to provide your DOB certificate.
- Now, click the save button to go to the next page.
- Then, on the following page, you must submit a passport-size picture of 200 KB in size.
- Now If you possess an impairment, you must fill it out; otherwise, you must save and continue.
- Please provide the EPIC as well as voter card information of any person of your household, as well as their name.
- Following that, you will be required to give address evidence as well as documentation.
- Please double-check whether the data on your registration form is right and then click the submit button.
- After registering, you will be provided a reference Identification number with which you may check the status of your voter ID.
How To Check The Condition Of Your Voter Identification Certificate In Nvsp 2022
If you follow the given steps below, you will be able to check the procedure status of your voter ID card.
- Connect to the national voter service portal or the voter portal.
- Insert the ‘Reference ID’ you received at the moment of Voter ID registration, as well as Form No.
- Select ‘Track Status’ (Voter ID Status).
- On the display, the progress of your Voter ID would be shown.
How To Track The Progress Of Voter Id Corrections Electronically
Utilizing the reference number acquired while sending the Form 8 (locally or online), you may verify the progress of the Vote Id Correction as follows: You may verify the progress of your Form 8 application for Voter Card Correction by following a few simple procedures:
- First and foremost, go to the national voter service portal, which offers a variety of Voter ID-related activities.
- Then Insert the reference number supplied to you throughout the Form 8 submission (publicly or privately) (make absolutely certain the reference number is accurate and does not include any omitted or inaccurate letters or digits).
- Then, to view the findings, tap on ‘Track Status.’
- Now If the registration is not completed and is in the review status, you can save the site to return to later.
- You may also check the validity of your Voter ID Certificate by dialing 1950 from a BSNL or MTNL handset.
How To Register For A Voter Id 2022 Offline?
It might happen that you do not have the necessary means to apply for your Voter ID Card through an online method. In that case, you may follow the below steps to acquire your card:
- To register manually, first visit the authorized site
- Then you must print the registration application
- You must complete all of the required details
- After you’ve filled out the details, you’ll need to attach all of the papers to the form
- You must visit your BLO and upload your application after filling all the data and attaching the required papers.
What Is The Procedure For Filing A Grievance In Voter Id 2022?
In a few cases, there may be some mistakes in your ID card, and for that, you may need to contact the concerned authorities. Below are the steps required for you to follow to file a grievance:
- If you wish to register a complaint about your Voter ID, go to the online site.
- Then, on the main page, select the complaint choice.
- Following that, you would be presented with several alternatives from which to choose based on your concern.
- Following your selection, you will be presented with a number of possibilities.
- In such a case, you must select one of the options.
- After hitting submit, choose an option.
- Your objection file will thereafter be available.
Online Status Of Voter ID Cards By State
List of Indian states and their official websites for checking voter ID card progress electronically.
- Andhra Pradesh (AP)- ceoandhra.nic.in
- Assam (AS)- ceoassam.nic.in
- Arunachal Pradesh- ceoarunachal.nic.in
- Delhi (DL)- ceodelhi.gov.in
- Goa (GA)- ceogoa.nic.in
- Gujarat (GJ)- ceo.gujarat.gov.in
- Bihar (BR)- ceobihar.nic.com
- Haryana (HR)- ceoharyana.nic.in
- Himachal Pradesh (HP)- himachal.nic.in
- Jammu and Kashmir (JK)- ceojk.nic.in
- Karnataka (KA)- ceokarnataka.kar.nic.in
- Kerala (KL)- ceo.kerala.gov.in
- Madhya Pradesh (MP)- ceomadhyapradesh.nic.in
- Maharashtra (MH)- ceo.maharashtra.gov.in
- Manipur (MN)- ceomanipur.nic.in
- Mizoram (MZ)- ceomizoram.nic.in
- Odisha (OR)- ceoorissa.nic.in
- Punjab (PB)- ceopunjab.nic.in
- Rajasthan (RJ)- ceorajasthan.nic.in
- Sikkim (SK)- ceosikkim.nic.in
- Tamil Nadu (TN)- elections.tn.gov.in
- Telangana (TG)- ceotelangana.nic.in
- Uttar Pradesh (UP)- ceouttarpradesh.nic.in
- West Bengal (WB)- ceowestbengal.nic.in
1. How can you look up your name on the electoral roll?
Ans: To verify your name on the electoral roll, kindly complete the procedures below:
- Create an account by providing an email address.
- Confirm your email address by checking your inbox.
- Create a username and passcode for your profile.
- Go to the homepage and click on Electoral Search.
- Enter a Voter Identification number or other information to search for a name.
2. What are the ways a person may use to check the validity of their Voter ID?
Ans: Customers may obtain information about their Voter Id and its condition by visiting the Election Commission of India’s main webpage and portals specific to each region. Dial the authorized Helpline number via Text.
The voter Identity card, commonly known as the Elector’s Photo Identity Card (EPIC), acts as identification. This card aids in increasing the reliability of the electoral roll and avoiding voting irregularities. The above article is a complete guide that a person in need may follow to obtain their Voter ID Card.