Hazel King, the ex-assassin whose new life in Barstow was rudely interrupted by a hail of bullets, is set to rise again. “Buried in Barstow Part 2,” the highly anticipated sequel to Lifetime’s gripping thriller. But, when is it returning?
Following the chilling storyline and progression depicted in the first part, the fans are now curious to know what the sequel has in store. With the kind of popularity that the first movie garnered, it isn’t even a question that the fans are excited about the sequel.
If you are curious to know more about Buried in Barstow Part 2 and when it will be released, you have come to the right place.
When is Buried in Barstow Part 2 Releasing?
Before you get worried about the movie not returning in the future, let us start things on a positive note. Lifetime has confirmed that they will return with a sequel, which means that you can rest easy knowing that it’s in production.
Angie Harmon, who is the executive producer of the movie, has confirmed that they are currently planning to create at least 6-8 parts of this movie. So, not just a sequel, the creators have a lot more planned for the movie and its future.
During an interview in 2019, Harmon even confirmed that their production for the sequel would start in June 2022. Since then, there has been no official information about the show’s return, so it looks like we’d have to wait for things to pan out in the future.
What can we expect from Buried in Barstow Part 2?
Part 2 promises a descent deeper into Hazel’s shadowy past. If you haven’t watched the first part, we’d 100% recommend you get that out of the way first. The second part will reveal hidden truths and long-buried vendettas and loyalties will be tested.
Following are a few rumors and speculations we can expect:
- Remember that cliffhanger ending where Hazel lay bleeding on the diner floor? Don’t count her out just yet. Expect a resurrection fueled by vengeance and the unwavering will to survive.
- Javier’s kidnapping hangs heavy in the desert air. Hazel’s quest to find him will weave a treacherous path, forcing her to confront old enemies and forge uneasy alliances.
- The shadows of Hazel’s past life as a lethal assassin will claw their way back into the light. Expect flashbacks, revelations, and a reckoning with the blood that stains her hands.
- While danger lurks around every corner, the spark between Hazel and the charming Deputy Elliot might just flicker into a flame, providing a fragile oasis amidst the desert storm.
Who is returning on Buried in Barstow Part 2?
With how the first part of this movie turned out, it is safe to assume that all the primary characters from the first season will most likely return in the sequel. It would be interesting to see if new characters are introduced.
Some of the cast we can expect in the sequel are:
- Angie Harmon as Hazel King
- Kristoffer Polaha as Elliot
- Lauren Richards as Joy King
- Bruce McGill as Von
- Anthony Reynolds
- Bruce McGill
- Ben Cain
- Brendan Patrick Connor