With the sharp increase in the number of cybercrimes that have been happening, it isn’t surprising that people are quite curious to know about every feature on the different social media platforms, including Facebook.
Among all the security and privacy features, the Off Facebook Previews is one that users have been quite curious about. If you are in the same boat, we have all the details for you.
In this article, we will discuss more about Off Facebook Previews, its significance, and how you can turn off the feature if not needed.
More about Off Facebook Previews
Off-Facebook Previews are a record of your activities outside of Facebook. This data is collected by businesses that use Facebook’s business tools, such as Facebook Pixel or App Events, to track your activity on their websites and apps. Facebook then uses this data to target you with ads and to measure the effectiveness of its advertising campaigns.
Some of the factors that are recorded using this particular feature include:
- The websites that you visit
- The apps you are using
- The products you are buying
- The videos you are watching, etc.
This explains why the majority of the users are quite skeptical of this particular feature and look for ways to disable the feature for good. You can control how Facebook collects and uses your data by visiting your privacy settings. You can also choose to disable Off-Facebook Previews altogether.
How to Disable off Facebook Previews Feature?
If you aren’t convinced about Off Facebook previews and have been looking for ways to disable the feature altogether, there are direct ways by which you can do that without any hassle or confusion.
Following are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the Facebook app or the web version on your PC.
- Enter the relevant login information and finish logging into the portal.
- Navigate to Settings and Privacy and tap on Settings.
- Click on “Your Facebook Information” and then click on “Off Facebook activity”
- This will take you to the “Off Facebook Previews” page
- Enable the “Disconnect Future Activity” feature
- Confirm the changes you made
Doing this ensures all the external features and activities that Facebook was previously recording will not be happening in the future.
Is it Possible to Disable Off Facebook Previews for Specific Apps and Websites?
The answer to that is yes. This is a benefit that not many users are aware of. Here’s what you need to do:
- Start by logging into your Facebook account.
- Go to Settings and Privacy feature.
- Tap on Settings and then on Privacy separately.
- Tap on Off Facebook Privacy.
- Click on Explore Activity from there.
- Click on “Select Future Activity to Disconnect”
That’s it. If you haven’t enabled this feature yet, we’d recommend that you do if you don’t get retargeted ads while you are scrolling through Facebook.
If you have been confused about Off Facebook previews and their functionalities, we hope this explains it. While the feature was introduced for privacy, it doesn’t take care of the same at the moment. So, it is ideal to keep it disabled.